C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 11:02:36 EST
Hi all-

As far as mirrors go and such...here is my experience...

When I look at a mirror I don;t see that anything is abnormal about me.  But
if I look at a still photo I can see that I lean over -- and I get self
conciouse about that. And like many of you I hate looking at a video tape of
myself...I once did an announcement for my highschool TV broadcast of there
announcements...1) you could hardly understand what I was saying (and when I
here my self talk I sound perfectly normal).
2) I kept  moving jerking all over the place (more than I was aware of that I
did/do) and my arms would hit things and of course that makes me very self
coniouse but I try not to think about it...and I try to avoid video tapes so
I won;t be reminded of it :)

I guess it that we all have some vanity deep down inside no matter how hard
we try not to.

Yours,

Anee Stanford
Webmaster of CPIC