C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mariana Ruybalid <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 11:14:27 -0700

Saturday, August 7, 1999
Dear Patricia,
 I want to say that it isn’t easy to be the mother of a child with cerebral
palsy and you are doing a great job  Remember that children need to have fun
and parents need to take time off from their kids.
 Jin Shin Jyutsu calms down my cerebral palsy. Having weekly treatments was
very calming and improved the quality of my movements for a day.  And the
effects are cumulative.  However, the experimental program is over and my
budget doesn't permit further treatment.   I am currently working on a daily
routine.  For results, we will need to do the routine every day even if it is
for just 15 minutes.
 You say that your son is nonverbal.  Does he have a "yes" and a "no?"  I
would make this a top priority.  Once a person has a reliable "yes" and a
"no", they can answer a multitude of well-phrased questions.
 I swim in warm water, do yoga, and Feldencrais, in addition to acupressure
and herbs.  There is no panacea so try a variety of modalities.  For four
years, I trained as a martial artist and I have a purple belt in Kajukembo
Kung Fu, which helped my control. Endurance and strength.
I hope this helps!  Mariana