From:
Kevin Nowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 18:37:21 EST
Dear Listers,

I'm hoping someone can help me out on this one.  For some reason it won't
boot.  Here's the system:
Packard Bell
75 Mhz Pentium
1.2 gig HD
32mg Ram

When I turn on the machine it goes through POST, recognizes 640k Ram and then
31,000 Ram, sees cdrom and mouse then gives two beeps, pauses about 30
seconds and says operating system not found.

I can start with a boot floppy but can't get to c:, I get invalid drive.
Going into setup, the HD is set correctly.  I even swapped a known good HD
and set it up and still nothing.  Swapped out HD cable with known good, still
nothing.

Prior to this it would boot to Win95, then would start to hang at Windows
splash screen and now the HD isn't recognized anymore.  I'm thinking maybe HD
controller on MoBo but know nothing about them.  Does anyone have an idea
what the problem could be?  Or how to fix it?

Thanks,
Kevin Nowicki

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html