From:
Louise Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 14:18:03 -0500
Troy wrote:

>It's just a dried, lightly-cooked form of what I could get by
>going to a meat market, buying liver, and cooking it (eating it raw would be
>out of the question because of potential food poisoning). >

Excuse me? Why are you so paranoid about raw liver when you eat raw meat
via jerky?

I understand that the liver is a particular nesting place of toxins
because of its physiological functioning, but if the meat is hormone and
pesticide free, what "food poisoning" are you afraid of?

The amount of enzymes lost in the heating process is considerable.

Why would it be "out of the question?" Why not question it?

BTW, I like liver- beef and chicken, and eat it regularly, but on days I
don't have any, I take a capsule or two of raw liquid beef liver (brand
name "Enzymatic Therapy")

Unfortunately, I like it cooked, but I am working on ways to ingest the
beef liver raw. I believe the health benefits are worth making the attempt.
Any good ideas out there?

Louise