Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 22:26:13 -0700
>    From:    Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
>    Subject: Abstracts posted in a newsgroup
>    Subject: The Myth of the Paleolithic Diet Exposed!
>
>    ... hominoid primates are largely vegetarian,

But not all HPs are human.

>    current hunter-gatherer groups rely on foods that can be
>    obtained most conveniently,

I smell truisms in the air. I seldom see HGs at the corner store.

>    ...Most evidence suggests
>    that a shift to largely plant-based diets would reduce chronic disease
>    risks among industrialized and rapidly-industrializing populations.

This author must be selective in his/her evidence-gathering. The folks
reading PALEOFOOD and posting to alt.support.diet.paleolithic already
know what a largely plant-based diet does to one's health. The author
needs to get out more.

>    [To] accomplish this shift, it will be necessary to overcome market-place
>    barriers and to develop new policies that will encourage greater
>    consumption of fruits, vegetables and grains as a means to promote public
>    health.

"Develop new policies"? Does this mean I can expect jack-booted
government thugs from the FDA breaking down my door, wresting the
pork chop from my jaws and jamming oatmeal (shudder) down my throat ;-> ??

This agendized, pro-Neolithic/agriculturalist paper is typical
of what can be found in a mainstream "nutritionist" journal.
It is just an opinion-editorial piece masquerading as scientific inquiry.

Thanks for the entertainment, Don.