From:
Betty Ann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 23:20:10 -0600
Hi everyone! I had a blast at the pot luck!! When I went to
buy the ingredients for the non-paleo chicken salad my DH
wanted very badly, the local store (small town) didn't have
the type of vinegar I needed. So I DIDN'T make that salad. I
made a big, beautiful tossed salad with iceberg lettuce (for
the ones who think that's the only lettuce), lots of leaf
lettuce and other leafy greens. I added carrots, scallions,
tomatoes, and cucumbers. I offered a variety of
"conventional" dressings for individual choice. I'm glad it
worked out this way. The cook graciously cooked a hamburger
patty without cheese for me. The only other "edible" food
was the salad I took. I was quite content with what I had
and wasn't even tempted to taste any of the other
offerings!! Since I've only been paleo for 11 weeks, this
was my first big test. I passed with flying colors.

The event was to celebrate fall and the completion of a
garage. It was a garage warming party. There were 55 couples
and several children. A live band made for a wonderful
evening of socializing. My DH was talking to one of the
host's daughters and mentioned that I was determined to
stick with the lifestyle I have chosen. She asked questions
about it and told me she admired my ability to follow
through with my plan for the evening. She is rather
intrigued with the idea of going paleo....who knows....maybe
we have another convert.

Sorry to ramble on so long...just wanted to let you know I
found out I can easily handle social situations and not
deviate from my plans!
--
Betty Ann
mailto:[log in to unmask]

"In a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats." English
Proverb