From:
Jessie James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 08:45:13 -0700

I posted a note about how I substituted in this recipe.  I have had a
request to print my variation in full.  The original recipe was posted for
the second time on July 16.

Here is my variation -

Coconut Breakfast Cookies

(This is double the original recipe and makes 40 large cookies)

3     cups medium shredded unsweetened coconut
2 1/2 cups gluten free flour mix
1/2   cup  soy flour
1     cup  brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp  cinnamon
1     tsp  salt
2     tsp  baking soda
2     tsp  xantham gum
1/2   cup  olive oil
1     cup  buttermilk or soured milk  (milk & 1/2 Tbsp gf vinegar)
2          eggs
1     cup  chocolate chips
1     cup  slivered almonds
1     cup  candied pineapple chunks
1     cup  diced dried apricots
1     cup  coarsely chopped dried apples

Sift and combine dry ingredients.

Prepare fruit, nuts and choc chips. Mix into dry ingredients.

Beat eggs, buttermilk and oil and add to above mix.

If mix is a bit dry and crumbly add more buttermilk or water a little at a
time to reach consistency of drop cookies.

Drop in large spoonfuls onto greased (Pam ?) cookie sheet.

Bake slowly at 325 to 350 for up to 25  minutes.  Watch them carefully.  As
they are dense it takes longer to cook right through.  If oven too hot they
brown too quickly.

These large cookies freeze well.

Jessie