From:
Christy ten Broeke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 17:40:19 +0200
When knowledge about irrigation came to
people around Tigris, agriculture changed dramatically and the people
left the non-irrigated land, Gann Edin (not Gan Eden which is something
else, Garden of Eden, or is it??)

As a Hebrew speaker I can tell you that Gann Edin is indeed what is
meant by Garden of Eden.
The pronounciation might differ from what you might think speaking
English.
That is so interesting to learn that non-irrigated land would be called
Gann Edin!!!  In other words, we were living happily in non-irrigated
land and were lured away by irrigation.   Talk about losing innocence
here....
;-))

Which apologies in advance to all Christian religious people here.

Christy