From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 10:26:51 +0200

Todd Moody wrote:
>This can't be right, Amadeus.  On the USDA database, 1 kg of raw
>beef (composite) is about 2,500 kcal.

In my nutrition programm I have 3 types of beef available
fat, medium-fat and lean.
The fat one has 17% fat and the 2500 kcal,
the medium has 11%fat and 2000 kcal, lean 5% and 1538 kcal.

After what i learned about wild game, i took the lean one
in this example.
This would also display the vimamins in the most positive view.
Adding some calories by fat shouldn't be a problem - today.

And as you know, I would opt to replace as much fat as possible
by "good" fats, for example by olive oil, nut oils, flax, or if ever
available (and who dares to eat) fatty fish.

regards
Amadeus

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net