From:
Wayne VanTassel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 19:28:24 -0500
As someone raised on a farm, I can tell you:

wheat, rye, etc. aint that tall (no more than 3 feet)  a cow could eat them
easily

and, many prairie grasses are far taller -- bluestem for one grows to well
over 6 feet.  bluestem was one of dominant grasses of the tallgrass
prairie.  apparently, the tallgrass prairie grew so high, it could hide a
man on horseback.