From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 07:19:28 -0400
On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Don Wiss wrote:

> It would be more edifying if you instead read the site that started this all:
>
>   http://home2.swipnet.se/~w-25775/
>
> And explained to us what is wrong with Uffe Ravnskov's analysis.

I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with Ravnskov's
analysis.  Ravnskov does say, however, that

        A high cholesterol is not dangerous by itself, but may
        reflect an unhealthy condition, or it may be totally
        innocent.

This is the point that I have been working with.  As Amadeus
points out, and as I have pointed out in the past, at least some
implementations of paleodiet are producing cholesterol profiles
that are significantly higher than those found in contemporary
HGs.  That includes the all-meat diet of Stefansson and Andersen.
These facts suggest that these diets are producing metabolic
effects that are different from what contemporary HGs are
experiencing.

Are these metabolic effects unhealthy in any way?  Do they
reflect an unhealthy state of the body, even if the cholesterol
itself is not playing a causal role?  I don't think we have
enough information to answer these questions definitively, but I
do think it is reasonable to be looking for answers.

Todd Moody