From:
Kent Multer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 19:47:00 -0500
>no, watch your back, food pyramid people. Ray's about to lop off the base of
>your precious pyramid and roll it over!

I think this is true, except that it will take a few more years.

About six months ago, my mom bought me a subscription to a health &
nutrition newsletter published by Tufts Universtity -- I think she was
alarmed by my "caveman" food ideas.  The funny thing is, almost every month
there's at least one article that supports the paleo view.  One month it
was a story that low-fat diets don't prevent breast cancer; another time,
an article stating that red meat is just as heart-healthy as chicken if you
choose carefully.

Between us and the other low-carb advocates out there, the mainstream
opinion is slowly changing.  More and more medical studies are coming out
that support our ideas.  Things like the article in EW are signs that we
are winning the battle ... one of these days, the government will re-write
the food pyramid again.