From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 07:39:20 -0700
-->>  Without inflamation there is no pain and it heals very fast

>My mother has been in chronic pain for almost 20 years from a car accident:
>Is there anything she can do to lessen the pain?

it is certainly not my place to know what she can do, she is the one to
decide.
i had an old women friend who had rhumatoid arthritis, she was in intense
pain for years, but was tough and was forcing her knees to bind down to
garden for hours everyday.
i gave her information about a study done in France on patients who have
been on a no milk or wheat diet, and who allready got amazing result
(nothing amazing to us but for a doctor in a culture base on bread and
cheese, it was surprising).
I talk to her about the benefits of eating raw foods
it took years of increasing pain for her to try to quit wheat and dairy, but
she compensated the lost by eating tons of homemade rye bread, so she got
better but did'nt hold on too long.
one night she even had a vivid nightmare, she saw herself trying to cook a
meal ( her raison d'etre) but the pan bottom fell off and more she was
putting in , and more the content was escaping...
She told me the next day her dreams, she got the meaning very clear and try
to change toward more raw but i got absent for months and when i came back
she just got diagnosed with pancreas cancer and decide to died, 3 weeks
later she was dead from her own accord,after taking the time to make sure
that the inheritance paper work was done.( tho she didn't have the time to
guarantee our stay in her land as she said she will, we had to leave,  the
son put the land for sale...)
same kind of story with an other friend who died from cancer and was very
much convinced by the  informations given to him but the family pressure
and physical limitations ( it lost part of his colon after an emergency
surgery) were such that it didn't lasted in the instinctive diet more than 2
months, and went back to eating toasts .
So i am rather prudent now about  trying  to help people decide for the
changes that they can make.
tho i am allways happy to respond to peoples who want to know more to help
them in THEIR  decision. I think there is enough informations on that list
to allready ,to make a difference in allievating any pain.
certainly eliminating wheat and dairy is a big thing.
jean-claude