From:
"Mara E. Levin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 18:45:55 EDT

Dear Listmates,
These came out wonderful... had to share. They are fast, easy, delicious,
good for you (if you don't use tons of frying oil), and fancy enough for
company.

Mara in MA
www.redwingdesign.com
*****************************
Ingredients:
1 lb. salmon steaks
1 c. sushi (sticky) rice (Asian market)
1 c. sliced fresh spinach leaves (wash well first)
4 scallion stalks sliced
1/2 c. bean flour (I used green bean flour -- Asian market)
1 t. baking powder
2 eggs
ginger, tumeric, dill to taste (about 1/4 - 1/2 t. each)
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil for frying
San-J Thai Peanut Dressing (says wheat-free tamari sauce in it, but I have
not verified gf status) or other gf sauce you like

Bake the salmon in 350 degree oven while steaming the rice (both about 20
min.). In a large mixing bowl, flake the cooked salmon and stir in 1 c.
cooked rice. Add spinach and scallions and mix well. Mix bean flour and
baking powder; add to mix. Beat and add eggs. Add seasoning.

Coat large non-stick skillet thinly with olive oil. Spoon batter onto hot
skillet (medium heat), making cakes about 1/2" thick and 3" in diameter
(flatten with spatula). Brown cakes lightly and place on paper towels. Recipe
makes about a dozen cakes. Serve with sauce.

ENJOY!