From:
George Aldridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 01:13:23 EDT

Here is a preliminary summary of the responses to my question about a change
in the coating of Burger King French fries.

The responses were confusing. Apparently there was no general note that the
formula has been changed, but one response said that the fries are coated in
corn, to which I am allergic, and another said that they are "batter dipped"
with the implication that they are not gf. Last spring it was believed that
they were coated with potato starch.

Most places that serve fries cook them in dedicated machines because
potatoes absorb everything. The recipe for cleaning oil is to cook potatoes
in it.

One response states that there is an ingredient list posted on the wall,
probably on the way to the restroom; I have never seen such a list, but will
not deny that one might be there.

Gma