From:
The Josephs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 09:24:45 -0400

I was going to post about this product too.  My sister inlaw is a
distributor and has been encouraging us to try Juice Plus but I have
been reluctant because the ingredients in the veg capsules (Garden
Blend) are carrot, -BARLEY-, parsley, beet, kale, broccoli, cabbage,
-OATS-, spinach, tomato.  The fruit capsules (Orchard Blend) list
ingredients as apple, orange, peach, pineapple, papaya, cranberry,
acerola cherry.  The chewables, similar to gummie bears and very popular
with the kids, are both fruit and vegs and contain natural sweeteners
(corn syrup, beet powder, grape juice concentrate), gelatin, fruits and
vegs listed above as well as -barley bran and oat bran-, citrus pectin,
glucomannan, citrus bioflavinooids, Dunaliella salina[?], Lactobacillus
acidophilus, citric acid, bromelain, papain, natural flavors, natural
blend coating (olive oil, bees wax, mixed tocopherol stabilizers).

She gave me a letter from VP John Wise, PhD of Natural Alternatives
International dated 6-30-98 stating "This is to certify that Juice
Plus+TM Chewables, Juice Plus+TM Capsules and Juice Plus+TM Thins are
free from gluten."  Phone 760-744-7340              Literature states
they are gluten-free, dairy-free and kosher.

She also gave me a tape with a testimonial of a CD patient who was
"cured" by taking these supplements.  I will find it and listen to it
and will call them today.

The idea behind the supplements is to provide antioxidants, vitamins and
minerals of 17 fruits and vegs in a convenient capsule form.  You take 2
in the morning and 2 at night.  Suggestions for gummies are 6 per day.
They also have a drink mix and also "Thins" that you take before meals
to fill you up so you won't eat as much, to help you lose weight.
They sound great but I'm leery because they market them through a
pyramid scheme, cite in-house research and also I would never eat
something containing barley or oats, regardless of their GF claim.
What do you guys think?

Kris in Ohio