From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 10:42:17 -0400
Can't comment on (drive) compression... Never got further than WinZip.
To me, dos compatibility mode suggests real mode (or wrong) drivers somewhere,
or a virus.
The only times I have gotten Phantom drives is when I was fooling around with
actual peripherals that were already supported by the BIOS and/or the operating
system AND I loaded (incorrectly!!!) another set of drivers too!  It is easy to
"trip-up" Win95 this way...  Since you have an ls-120 involved in this "mix",
I would look real hard at that first... That is one of the times this has happened to
me...             Rick Glazier

> Are you by chance using compression on E:?  Having it appear twice
> is something I have seen with compressed logical drives.
> If so, remove the compression.
> Tom Turak

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html