From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:18:04 -0800
On 23 Sep 99, at 2:06, QJ wrote:

> I have bad experience with Diamond driver since Diamond and S3
> merged. Seems like Diamond still make good hardware but has less
> time to debug their drivers. Who knows what happened over there?
> What has S3 done to Diamond?

  Unlike ATI, Matrox, or (pre-merger) S3, Diamond has bot been in the
business of making their own graphics chipsets -- their various model
lines have used chips from a variety of sources (including S3).
  As one might expect, then, there has historically been a wide range
of quality amongst Diamond's driver packages.  While this may indeed
be the first buggy driver from Diamond that you've encountered, I can
assure you that it is not the first they've released!

  As someone else pointed out, the V770 uses an NVidia TNT2 chipset.
If you cannot get Diamond's drivers to work to your satisfaction, you
might try downloading drivers from NVidia and see if you have better
luck with them.

David G

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html