From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 09:27:58 -0400
MIke,

You said "... the HDD hammers like crazy...".

Have you defragmented the drive?.

My system (and everyone I set up) runs scandisk and defragment every month.
I have one client that works heavily with the newsgroups and after about two
weeks, her machine has a significant performance drop.  She is set to defrag
every two weeks.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====