From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 09:54:33 -0600
At 11:18 AM 9/4/99 , John D. Penberthy wrote:
>Being an avid gamer my experience in video has been with an eye towards 3D
>performance.
>
>My brother is now getting into photography, and is scanning, editing and
>printing photos.  What is a better 2D card for him?  Somthing along the
>lines of a Matrox G400?  Or an ATI multi-card.  (So far video input not a
>concern.)

As long as the monitor will support it, nearly all of the 8mg or 16mg video
cards around will give him good service.  Matrox, STB, Diamond or ATI are all
good choices.

He will want to be able to set the display to 32bit true color for the
clearest view.  Video cards in the 8mg plus range have been able to handle
this particular job for several years now.  Most of the innovations the video
card manufacturers bring us these days are intended for 3D rendering,
animation, gaming and so forth...   all the brand name cards in the under
$60 range should give him good service.

                 Bob Wright
        The NOSPIN Group, Inc
http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org