From:
Pixilated <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 May 1999 22:49:07 -0700

A holistic chiropractor was quoted in a post as saying:

>Another thing - she said there is gliadin in soy products, especially tofu
>and tempeh.

Where does she (the holistic chiropractor) get her information?

We have so many on the list who are new and not sure of what is safe or
unsafe to eat.  It would be a shame for them to be running scared from soy
products when they are so healthy and nutritious.  Now I do know that TEMPEH
can sometimes contain grains in addition to soy beans (so read the label and
call on this product), but tofu and soy beans do NOT and therefore can not
contain gliadin.

Please friends, we have to be more responsible about what we post.  No sense
causing alarm over something when we are not sure if it is fact.

As always, call the company before you consume anything new.

Sincerely,
Lynda Swink
                           ..
\|/ [log in to unmask]  \|/ \|/ So.CA \|/ _@V