From:
dave taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 07:24:29 PDT

Listmates,
I found a web site which lists food manufacturers and products along with an
advisory of gluten content, if any.  This was a serindipity for me to be
able to research products quickly and efficiently.  Products which are GF
display a green background, products which are not GF display a pink
background. Anyway, I was suprised to see that McCormick Curry Powder was
listed as unsafe because of wheat content. I immediately looked for a
McCormick web site and was able to obtain their 800-632-5847 toll free
number.  A quick call confirmed that McCormick Curry Powder is GF.  A very
nice lady, sorry I didn't get her name, was suprised to be told that the
Curry Powder was not GF.  She confirmed my suspicion that it was actually
GF, and asked for the web address where the data was shown.  The web site is
www.brandtbeach.com/celiac/upc/manu.html.  Moral is, always check with the
manufacturer.  In this case invalid information is being displayed.
McCormick is happy to review any spice they manufacturer for gluten content.
  They are well organized, and very conscious of our dietary needs.  Kudos
to McCormick.  Hope this helps.  D.Taylor, Mentor, OH.