From:
"Mitchel L. Laman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 22:20:19 -0400

Recently there has been a post or two from some of the major
Universities requesting samples for DNA testing.

You need to contact these schools and send them a sample!

I does not matter if you are on a gf diet or not.  All they want is your
DNA so they can try to pinpoint the gene(s) that predispose a person to
celiac.  I have spoken with some of the directors and they are getting
very close.  I was very surprised, knowing how many people are a part of
this list and how FEW samples some of the schools have.

If you have not sent, please do so.  It does not cost you anything, and
it does not hurt.  Some of the schools cannot even get started until
they get enough samples.

I do not have the information on the schools, etc.  Check the archives
or some of the hosted web pages.

One more thing, if you are not willing to give a sample, I better not
hear you griping about how hard or unfair the diet is.  These schools
are trying to help us, but they need our help.

Mitchel Laman
Cleveland, TN  USA