C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dina Dror <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 17:32:25 EDT
Hi,

I am allergic to most of the common allergens such as all forms of milk,
(cow, sheep, goat), wheat, whole wheat really affects my joints more than the
white flour stuff, all of the nightshade plants, meaning potatoes, mushrooms,
tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, corn, soy and etc.

I find that wheat products make me more tired than usual, and I got the usual
bloating, and gas stuff along with sinus problems from the rest of the foods
too.

Neurobiofeedback is  Biofeedback that retrains your brain wave patterns.  The
way it works is that you are hooked up to a computer, and you play a game
with your brain waves.  There are several games available through many
different places.  Anyhow, the more you relax, the faster the game beeps and
you are rewarded.  Over time, you learn how to produce the feelings that you
need to and how to control it better.  It is really neat and a lot of fun.
Here is the link for EEG Spectrum whom I train with.
<A HREF="http://www.eegspectrum.com/">Home Page of  EEG Spectrum</A>

NACD is National Academy of Child Development.  This is an offshoot of the
Institute for the Achievement of Human Potential in Philadelphia.  They
design a home "therapy program" that works on your weaknesses and strengths.
I am working on my hearing, balance, math skills, and more.  Here is the link
for that as well to get more information.
<A HREF="http://www.nacd.org/">The National Academy for Child Development
(N...
</A>  They do reevaluations every four months or so to see how you are
improving and what changes to make in your program and etc.  They are there
for you, not for themselves.

Hope this answers your questions, feel free to email me.

Dina