From:
Timchenko Maxim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 11:00:18 +0300
You understand correctly, some "cheapo CDR's" may or may not work with
high-speed burners. With 4x it is not yet critical, but if you have a 6x
or 8x this is a problem.

The disks I use mostly, TDK's, have a labels on them "2x4x6x8x
compatible". I think you should seek at least "x2x4" on media you're going
to use.

Anyway, even if you have an 1x writer, using quality disks can save you
from trouble later - and it costs $0.5-1.5 more at most.

<> Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
<>

On Sun, 4 Jul 1999, David Abbe wrote:

> I think that is the correct model, it writes and rewrites at 4X and also
> reads at 20X.  I am confused about the correct media for this.  I haven't
> ordered it yet and have only messed with one other CDRW that was a
> 2X2X6X.   I have heard that normal cheapo CDR's will not work with this
> burner due to it's speed.  Does this sound correct?  OR, if it does use
> CDR's  that can be written to at 4X speeds, is this one at least
> backwards compatible to the slower CDR's ???

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html