From:
David Abbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 08:08:28 -0500
I think that is the correct model, it writes and rewrites at 4X and also
reads at 20X.  I am confused about the correct media for this.  I haven't
ordered it yet and have only messed with one other CDRW that was a
2X2X6X.   I have heard that normal cheapo CDR's will not work with this
burner due to it's speed.  Does this sound correct?  OR, if it does use
CDR's  that can be written to at 4X speeds, is this one at least
backwards compatible to the slower CDR's ???

At the moment, it is a toss up between the Ricoh and the new Creative
Labs 4224 that is now out.

Thank you for any and all help/suggestions.

Sincerely,

David A. Abbe