From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 1997 10:17:00 -0700

Toby wrote:
> . . . I would question whether the similarity
> between termites and humans is sufficient to draw many
> meaningful conclusions.

Likewise, I would question what appears to be an assumption that any
meaningful conclusion of the similarity between "termites" and "humans"
was being drawn or even intended to be drawn.

What is more clear, is that "diet" does have an effect on a "species",
in the stated case, it is the diet of termites.

It would be interesting to see any argument in support of diet "not
having" some kind of effect on any given species including humans.