From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 19:06:56 -0700
Brian Chenensky wrote:
>             Ray Audette (I'm so disappointed, I expected more from you),
> didn't  you ever learn that that if you don't have anything nice to say,
> don't open your ________mouth? It's hard enought sticking to this diet
> without reading how wolves kill by biting necks, etc. How is that supposed
> to help?

Again I apologise.  I am, by my very nature, an un-civilized man.  I hunt every day for most of the year (if
falconry is considered hunting and not merely a specialized form of bird watching).  During my sojorne at the
animal shelters, I also saw man's cruelity to animals at its' very worst.  Given a choice of a future life, I
would still choose to be a domestic animal over a wild one (even a falcon).

Animals even the ones we eat, benifit from domestication in several important ways.  Billions of animals depend
on our eating them or using them in some way for their very existence.  Most of our larger domestic animals
only escaped the Pleistocene extinctions (biblicly known as "The Flood") by becoming domesticated. That the
lives of even the worst of them is better than their equilivants in Nature is an undisputed fact to those who
experence Nature first hand. The sacredness of participating in Nature as a hunter-gatherer is in seeing beyond
the its' repulsive aspects to experence the never-ending life beyond the individual's fate.  This form of
enlightenment is very different from that sought by those of an agrairian tradition.  These diferences will be
highlighted in my upcoming(2-3 years) book "Darwin's God: The Evolutionary Advantage of Religion".

Meanwhile, I'm glad you have improved your diet using paleolithic principles.  "NeanderThin" is not the only
book about this topic and others will be able to give you additional guidance, whatever your food preferences
are.
Take what you need from my work and don't listen to the ramblings of this old urban savannah ape.  If you're
ever in Dallas, let's go hawking.  I know several fields with no game and I know you'll enjoy seeing Kali fly.

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"
Nov'99, St. Martin's Press