From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 16:57:16 GMT
On Sun, 30 May 1999 10:15:50 -0700, Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>The choice for me is : do i let agrobusiness decide what i should eat or do
>i take care of myself and others by striving at reestablishing ecosystems
>that can really sustain us.

This brought to mind the thoughts:

" What if the healthiest way to eat was promoted by agribusiness? "

Then I would certainly not eat in an unhealthy way in order to be in opposition
to agribusiness ! :-)

So, to me, the "agribusiness" aspect is irrelevant.

And the other thought brought up is:

"  What if the healthiest way to eat was ecologically unsound? "

This one is more plausible (since we know that certain sections of agribusiness
do promote high carbohydrate consumption, eg the grain producers) and has been
debated in this list before.    Certainly most vegans *think* they are following
the most ecologically sound way of eating.

I'd have to say IF the healthiest way to eat was ecologically unsound, that I
would nevertheless continue to eat in the most healthy way, until such point as
the healthiest way to eat was recognized by the majority, at which point I would
be inclined to go along with whatever community solution was proposed to deal
with that situation.

In the meanwhile, so few people are eating in a heathy way that it is only an
academic point....

--
Cheers,

Ken                         <*>