From:
Saskia Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 20:19:30 EDT

Dear List,

  After having bouts of two serious viral infections my previously
controllable, yet obvious, hay fever became debilitating (as did CD symptoms
become pronounced).  I went to the allergist the other day and am severly
(surprise!) allergic to trees and grasses.  And yet I really had no serious
problems until after the infections and onset of problems with eating breads
and dairy (I have asymptomatical CD symptoms undiagnosed yet am miracle cured
on the diet).  One whiff out the window would put me into bed for a week!

Now, on the gf diet,  I go jogging and leaping through fields of freshly mown
grass, hay streaming from my hair, with almost no reaction.  My allergist
gave me claritin and vancenase to try just because of my skin test reactions
and some persisting fatigue.  I refuse to take the vancenase.  I tried the
claritin, which actually reduced some sort of 'blackout' dizzy spells and
back of the head throbbing I have sometimes when I stand up (I tested
negative for a sinus infection).

  Has anyone else experienced this sort of blacking out/throbbing?  Does
anyone know if there is an explanation for my lessening of hay fever on the
gluten free diet (I have also eliminated several other foods that bother
me-potato, meat (long term veggie) yeast, dairy, tomato, onion, garlic,
apples, citrus, cashew, peanut etc etc I am so deprived!!!)? Is it that my
body can function better to fight off all of the allergins now that I am
gluten free?  I think this is a very interesting question and hopefully
someone will have similar experiences/input to contribute to my summmary.

Thanks,

Saskia Smith
From the desert of so. california--anyone allergic to sand?  this is the
dustbin for you!