From:
Alicia Mott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 05:45:26 -0700
I too quit posting or even reading these lists because it seemed all that was offered was sympathy.  I wanted results.  I did read about some using "The Zone" which is definitely higher protein and lower carb than the "normal healthy diet."  I also recall their good results angering others on the list.   I read that book, then more and then more.  I believe some people are like the dog on the porch whining and howling.  When the owner is asked why the dog is doing that, he replies that the dog is laying on a nail.  It seems it hurts him enough to complain, but not enough to do anything about it.   I also believe that some people (myself included) have tried and failed to get promised results and so become discouraged and think why bother.  Fortunately, I am too stubborn to stay there forever.

I used to be on a CFS/Fibromyalgia list and newsgroups for a couple of years (may be more?)
>because my girlfriend at the time had developed a number of conditions, including CFS/Fibro.
>One thing that I noticed was that the only thing that seemed to lead reliably to significantly
>better health for people with those conditions was a low carb diet (may be paleo too, but
>I don't recall anyone at that time who tried that specifically).  The experience was usually
>the same - people would get better, get all excited about it, and try to tell others on the
>lists/newsgroups.  They were systematically 'shouted down' by many claiming that those diets
>were dangerous, bad for PWCs, etc. After about 3-6

months they would give up posting and the
'how to live with ...' topics rather