CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Matt Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 16:32:18 -0400
Martin:
> You only have the impression that I don't oppose the
> bombing?  Let me say it again.  I think the bombing is
> wrong.  I think the bombing is incorrect.  I do *not*
> oppose the bombing.  Is the problem that you think I
> must oppose the bombing if I think it is wrong and/or
> incorrect?  Why?

Well, now I am confused.  How can you think the bombing is wrong and
incorrect, and still not oppose it?

Do you mean picketing and going to demonstrations by "oppose"?

I have been using "oppose" merely to describe my position--whether I'm
for it or against it.  I'm against it, opposed to it, although I don't
go to demonstrations.

I have other issues with your separation of ethics and tactics, but for
now I'll just stick to this question.