From:
Olivia Kogler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 14:48:17 EST

Dear Listees:
Just got off the phone with a very knowledgable and pleasant customer service
rep at Hormel.  She knew all about Celiac and told me that Hormel takes the
welfare of their consumers very seriously.  They do not maintain a list of
gluten free products because of their concern over people referring to a list
that might change without their knowledge.  According to her they welcome out
phone inquiries on individual products and would like us to check labels.  She
informed me that at this time Hormel Chili With Beans (including microwaver
cup, Hoorah) and Dinty Moore Beef Stew are gluten free.  She also suggested
Hormel chunk chicken and ham in the 5 oz cans as gluten free "take along"
items for us.   I have no financial interest in Hormel just hope that we can
all support this company in any way that we can in appreciation of their
concern for accurate labeling and good customer service.  I personnaly plan to
load up my pantry with these "take along" foods for convenience during the
coming "on the go" summer months.

Thanks to you all for being there.

Olivia in Virginia