From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 15:47:17 -0400
On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Ken Stuart wrote:

> >I don't doubt that this program is as effective as the Zone,
> >however.
>
> It's simply somewhat less carbs than the Zone, however in the Zone books, the
> only disadvantage of eating less carbs than the Zone, but more than a ketogenic
> diet would be hunger.

That's right, and I think Sears finally admits that there is
quite a bit of individual variation in this.

> And I find that nothing kills hunger better than a little fat, such as nuts.

This works fairly well for me too, as long as my overall carb
intake doesn't go too.  On a ketogenic diet, I crave *lots* of
fat and end up consuming more calories, gaining weight, etc. I
suspect that it's glucose that I am craving, and overeating fat
as an ineffective substitute.  That is, I think I tend toward
hypoglycemia on a ketogenic diet. By trial and error, I have
found that 50-100 grams/day of carbs works well for me, as a
minimum.  That's still sub-Zone, given my size and calorie
requirements, but not ketogenic either.

Todd Moody