From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 10:33:23 -0800
Hi Lisa,

>Is this a magazine or a peer-reviewed journal?
Probably.

  But since the
>information contained therein goes against what I have been
>taught, would it be possible to also include the references for the
>text of the article?

The writer, who wrote the piece as an editorial, did include some references:
What Your Doctor Won't Tell You, Sept 1996
Treason's Peace, German Dyes and American Dupes, 1947
Sorry that's it.

I'm sure if you did a Search on Bayer, aspirin, Farben,
Farbenfabrieknvorm-(the company was called this before Bayer),
Farbenindustrie, you would become more enlightened.

  I am assuming that the studies quoted were not
>all from the 1930s, and that the information is available to be
>verified.
Yes, and as I mentioned, I left out a lot of the history that was in the
article.

  (I couldn't buy into lowcarb until I saw references I trusted
>and respected, that made scientific sense to me.
Yes, reading really helps.
In Canada anyway, the country is pretty well directed by pharmaceutical
companies. I don't know about the states but the Gulf War pretty well
relied on these companies for the chemicals needed for chemical warfare. So
of course there is a big propaganda machine working to convince us that
aspirin is good for us. It is pretty easy to figure out that everything
that is refined is dangerous especially drugs. They are poison you know.

Eating Paleolithically has eliminated my aches and pains. Why are some of
us so protective of aspirin?  Don't you think that willowbark would be more
paleo?

I must confess I am a little edgy when it comes to drugs. My mum, who had
an epileptic seizure at Xmas when she drank some gluten-containing alcohol,
was put on Dilantin a week ago. Well, we all know that some celiacs get
seizures when they have a gluten accident. That is everyone except my
brother. With good intentions, he is taking her to some very bad doctors
but he refuses to read anything about the celiac condition.
Well I flushed the pills! (check out the side effects of Dilantin and
you'll know why)! A couple of years ago she ODed on 292s - aspirin based
codeine. She went into a coma after a 10 day nosebleed.
She advanced to morphine that sucked most of the minerals from her bones
and her personality.
She kicked that! amazingly enough! I am now looking for an alternative to
the Tylenol 3s she takes for pain-resulting from botched leg operations.

So anyway, that is why I have a biased viewpoint. (hope you don't mind my
airing the laundry)!

All the best,
Susan