AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 14:26:19 -0500
1.  It is unbelievable that Euro-American are the the main beneficiaries of
affirmative action.

2  Men-of-Color are a major targets of racism (e.g. Loima, Diallo, et
al).  It is unbelievable that Men-of-Color rarely win discrimination suits.

The "closeting of Negroes" means that a firm can escape discrimination
prosecution by "ascerting" the "closet Negro rule".  Or even a klan member
could receive "poetic justice" by claiming "closet Negroe-tude"; then,
receiving undeserved benefits.  Affirmative action would be null and void.

>Date:         Fri, 14 Apr 2000 22:34:18 -0500
>Sender: "AAM (African Association of Madison)" <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Fabu Mogaka <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: Black is Beautiful?
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>My statement was one of increduality!  I have told everyone I know about
>these "secret" African Americans.  It raises a lot of historical and
>cultural hurts:  Are they passing?  Are they con artists?  Why would U.W.
>protect them?  How it is in the interests of this institution to shield the
>AAs?  Why are there so many women taking the UW to court?  As my
>grandmother use to say, "When you think that you have heard or seen it all,
>up pops something new."  Peace.
>

>At 09:39 PM 4/11/2000 -0500, you wrote:
> > ""  Well, I sent you the websites, which prove that this is actually
> >happening.  And, in my research, I have discovered many other items, which
> >are as unbelievable.

If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have
freed thousands more.  -- Harriet Tubman