AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ademola iyi-eweka <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 07:43:06 -0500
The following persons have been nominated to serve in the following
committees for the year 2000.   Those persons that have been contacted and
have agreed to serve are marked with astericks****

OUTREACH COMMITTEE:

Adelaide Fiske......Chairman
Professor Kunene****
Ray Kumapayi*****
Zainabu Kooistra****
Emilie Songolo******
Bavaka Guy
Eileen McNamara******
Mabel Emwemwa*****
DUTIES:
The committee shall be responsible for developing and implementing
membership strategies , setting goals, establishing priorities and planning
activities for securing , retaining and servicing the members of the
community.    It shall advise the Executive Committee on ways of keeping
members informed and actively participating in the association's activities
and functions.  The Outreach Committee shall coordinate and disseminate to
the general public, information concerning the association and its
activities.

PLANNING cOMMITTEE:

Ade Iyi-Eweka....Chairman
Aggo Akyea****
Kwakye Akyeampong****
Felix Ossia
Dr. Bosu*****
Sylvester Offor****
Mejal Maka*****
Pastori Balele
DUTIES:
The committee is responsible for planning, development, coordination and
evaluation of the Association's projects and programs.   In carrying out its
responsibilities, the committee shall work with and receive support from
members assigned to, or responsible for specific areas, or members who may
be given such special assignmnets and resposibilities by the President.

FINANCE COMMITTEE

Elinor Gbedey-----Chairman
Agnes Olsen
Dick Lowe
Marte
Robert Yungu
Badokufa
Sophia Lassey
Osagyefo
Chaanga Mweti
DUTIES:
The committee is responsible for the budgetary, fiscal and financial affairs
and activities of the Association
NOTE:
The chairman of a committee is responsible for making contact with members
of relevant committees and setting up their meeting schedule.  Therefore,
this is an update from the last posting on the subject matter.

We express our thanks to those that have been contacted and have agreed to
serve.  We hope that , when others are contacted,  they too will volunteer
their services to the African Community.  We will also welcome others who
would like to serve in these committees but were not listed.
Long live the African Association of Madison.

Thanks and greetings.

Ademola Iyi-Eweka
President African Association Of Madison
Tel: 608-833-8248