From:
norbert1 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 14:03:14 -0600

Dear Listmates,

I have had quite a bout with low magnesium (1.4), treated with i.v.
infusions since you cannot take enough orally.  My veins (which were already
bad) are gettting used up quickly.  My Dr., the E. R. nurses and the
surgeon who had to find my jugular to insert the i.v.) have all recommended
that I have a MediPort surgically implanted.  The infusions and any blood
work can be easily done without searching for a vein (painfully), not to
mention the discoloration and bruising.

Has anyone had any experience either with low magnesium that doesn't respond
to oral medication or the Medi Port?  I have tentatively scheduled it for
next Thursday, but I'm still a little hesitant.  Four consecutive days in the
Er with the "bag" have pointed me toward the Port, but I'd like to hear from
anyone who has had experience or knowledge.

TIA,

Rose Mary in W. Ky.