Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 01:30:46 -0500
Susan Carmack wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> >A study was done of 20,000 people and not one was getting the RDA of vitamins
> >and minerals from their diet alone.
> If these people were on a SAD diet, of course the vitamins and minerals
> were leeched out by the refined foods. Don't you think?
This was a general cross section of the population. Included everyone, even
health nuts. As usual, I don't have a reference, but it was a very nice study
because it debunked the myth that you can get the minerals and vitamins
at RDA levels (which are laughable to begin with) from food alone. Not one
person out of 20,000!

Ilya