Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 01:27:10 -0500
Lady Ariel wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>         I just ordered NeanderThin....I can't wait to get it...it looks
> extremely interesting. :) Today, I've been eating low carb, and I would
> have been almost paleo except I had some cheese on my chicken.  I'm sure
> it's going to take me some time to get into the real swing of things.
>
>         This morning I had some decaf coffee and I'm really craving
> something sweet right now, so I may end up with a diet coke.  How long
> did it take all of you to get used to paleolithic living?  I really need
> to take off that last 15 lbs and I just can't wait to start feeling more
> energetic and being able to concentrate better.
It took me just a few days to stop craving sweets (less than a week, about
3 days, if memory serves right). It took me about 3-4 weeks to stop
actively craving starchy foods. By this I mean to stop wanting them on the
regular basis even without having had some. It took me several months before
I stopped craving them after I had some. At that point I could eat some and
stop and not want more. After a little over a year starchy foods stopped even
being appealing. The only time this changes is when I carb up massively for
some reason, and then I have to go through a few days of readjustment.
(The only reason I cheat is either social - dating, parties, and such, or
when I get a flu. I have to carb up to really run a fever and get better).

Ilya