C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dana Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 11:31:09 -0700
I know what you mean, Bobby. When I had surgery 7 years ago for a "female"
problem, losing an ovary, and a tube, I was giving self-administring
morphine. I was off it in TWO days. *grin* Then, 2 years ago, I had to go
in AGAIN for more surgery (same problem), and was "ordered" by my OB/GYN to
NOT get off the pain killers for at least a week. Because I was walking the
next day. *sigh* Anyways, I was off the pain killers (heavy stuff) in a
week and a half. When I have Tylenol 3, the prescription usually lasts me
several months, and this is 30 tablets. Having to use 24 tablets in a WEEK,
made me realize that I need to do something.

I've participated in clinical trials for baclofen and valium in regards to
CP. This, however, was about 12 years ago... *sigh* And I still react the
same when I take BOTH drugs together. A major space cadet. I haven't
touched Valium in about 10 years, because it makes me so spacey.

Dana