NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kris Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 06:38:18 EST
Hi all!  I wanted to let you know that I found two products that my daughter
just loves.  You may already know about them, but here goes anyway.

My dd used to always eat fried breaded or battered fish when we ate out,
before she became so extremely sensitive to dairy.  I have checked the
processed frozen fish at the store repeatedly but they all have dairy.  At a
new store I finally found Gorton's Battered Fish Portions (in a bag) and
Gorton's fish "Tenders" (in a box) -- both Kosher non-dairy (Gorton's has many
products K-D also).  These are your typical high fat food so they serve as a
treat, not a regular type of meal <g> but my daughter is delighted.

For some reason, I recently picked up a bottle of "Orville Redenbacher's
Popping & Topping Buttery Flavor Popcorn Oil" -- avoiding it all along because
of the "buttery flavor" and it is also Kosher dairy free!  The ingredients are
soybean oil, artificial flavor and beta-carotene color.  It has the kosher K
in the circle.  This tastes just like "movie theater" popcorn when we pop our
own popcorn and then sprinkle on this oil with salt and mix it up well.
Another treat that my daughter loves.

Kris