NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Suzanne Tiernan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 21:42:37 EDT
I, too, am allergic to mold.  Once I started thinking about the fact I'm
allergic to Penicillin I realized it's a mold!  Hard cheeses with lots of
mold, like parmesan, also give me more trouble than others.  Nuts seem to have
lots of mold on them as well.  I think yeast is of the mold family and that is
why beer gives me such problems.  As I learn to narrow things down more for my
self, it;s not the dairy so much as the molds connected with it.

I got hooked on dry roasted sun flower seeds and woke with a headache and
stuffed up nose and knew something was not right.  Read the label and it had
yeast.  Home made yeast rolls also bother me.

I agree with the arguments that humans should not drink milk from another
animal and we don't need milk once we are weaned.  I've eliminated most of the
dairy from our diet but I am coming to believe, for me, its the mold.

I wear a painters mask or bandanna over my nose when I clean.  (Like my pack
rat grandmothers house that she lived in for 50 years!)  I was my hands
frequently and try not to touch my face.  I rinse my face off with water when
I wash my hands and blow my nose as much as I can while cleaning.  Also, take
a shower and wash the airborne particles from your hair before you go to bed.
I f you don't, then you are getting it all over your pillow and continuing to
breathe it all night.

If you are anaphylaxis to mold then you should stay away and find other
answers as well.  Just realize that it is, like dairy, in many hidden forms.
Take it seriously.  Think back to any antibiotics you have taken and maybe you
are allergic to some and need to wear and medalert bracelet.

You are on the right track by thinking about it and look to others areas of
your life to find more answers.  I believe we have the answer within ourselves
once we learn how to listen.

Good hunting

suzanne