C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dana Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 11:57:49 -0700
Denise, yes, I know what you mean. I was considered "mild" when I was a
teenager, but not any longer. My diagnosis even went from diplegia to
quadriplegia. *sigh* I have tendonitis and the start of carpel tunnel from
using forearm crutches and pushing a wheelchair, PLUS my hands, which never
were really affected when I was in school are now VERY affected. Anyways, I
know the pump isn't the right choice for everyone, and it may not be the
right choice for me after I talk to the doctor today. :)

Meditronics website said 90 days? ACK! Their printed material says 4-6
weeks. I'll go look at their website again, and make sure I ask Dr. Losier
what the actual time is. I know that I won't be getting the test dose of
baclofen today, even if they wanted to. I have to work tonight, and I don't
have 6-8 hours to be observed. :)

I've never heard of Atrivan (sp) that you're taking. What exactly does it
do? Relax spasticity?

Yeah, I'm on Medicare Part A... I'm looking into supplimental insurance
BEFORE this surgery because I know that hospitals will try to bill you for
things Medicare doesn't cover even though they aren't supposed to. If I
added myself to my husband's medical insurance, we'd be paying $70 extra a
WEEK for my being on it. I'm hoping supplimental insurance is cheaper than
that.

Dana