BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Helen Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 10:58:09 -0800
I think this is a North American phenomenon. Victoria has quite a few
"paking lots" where heritage buildings were demolished for great projects.
The problem is that funding runs out, or taste changes, or ???

I have nothing against sensible development, but deplore facadism and
demolition then nothingness.
>-------------------------------------
>This is the part of these deals that I really hate.  There are so many
>vacant parcels in town that were the result of great promises and grand
>schemes, some more than 30 years old.  I could give you a great tour of
>the "empty air of Raleigh" and show you some great things that aren't
>there....
>Dan Becker,  Executive Director      "Conformists die, but
>Raleigh Historic                              heretics live on forever"
>Districts Commission                             -- Elbert Hubbard

Helen Edwards in Victoria, B.C. Canada
Owner, Bed Buddies Toys
Past President, Hallmark Society...Director, Heritage Society of B.C.
[log in to unmask]  URL: http://www.islandnet.com/~helen