Date:
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 11:01:48 +0200
> Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 00:29:58 -0600
> From: Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
>
> I use a Logitech three-button mouse called a "Mouseman".  I have the mouse
> driver set to accept the middle button click as a double-click.  This
> allows me to open files and application shortcuts with a single click
> instead of double-clicking with the left button.  It's a lot easier on my
> hand than the two-button Microsoft mouse I have to use at work.

W95:
In fact, the Logitech driver (at least the newer version) allows you to
choose any of many functions for the middle button. My choice was that it
will be used to minimize the window.
(Originally on Win95 there is no use for the middle button).

Linux (The X system):
there is are default uses for the middle button (depends on the pleace
where the cursor is), on text locations it is usually "paste". Anyway, you
may set things differently.

Uzi