BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 01:12:52 -0500
At the first "Preserving modernism" conference in Chicago I learned that the
first patent for steel clapboard was issued in 1904 to a man from Watertown
New York.  In his patent application he decried the clear-cutting of the
Adirondacks for lumber and feared that wood would become unavailable in the
near future.  And so he invented steel siding shaped to look like wood
siding.
Michael Lynch