From:
Debbie Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:21:38 EST

I wish to summarize the response on my question last week on a positive IG A
antibody test on my 9 year old celiac child.  Thankyou to all who responded.
Several people suggested I switch peanut butters. ( One tip for using all
natural peanut butter.  Mix it with jelly to get a similar consistency as
processed peanut butter.)  One responded that because the endomysial antibody
was negative it still shows compliance with the diet.  Which is the poisition
of our Dr.  I really appreciated the ton of info. I received from Ohio on
newsletters available, cooking tips, etc.  One person suggested I have her
rebiopsied to see what the real situation is at present in her intestine.
That would certainly show it but (having been through 5 biopsies with 3 kids
in 3 years ) we will probably switch peanut butters, recheck her blood in a
few months and watch for any development in symptoms.  What a great help this
is.  Debbie