From:
Mireille Cote <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 10:59:11 -0400

Hi,

I received 10 responses at this question:

Bean flour are from several sources.  Chickpea and garbanzo are the same typ=
e of bean.  Bean flour can come from chickpea/garbanzo, fava bean, mong bean=
 or just about any bean at all including soybeans, some are more effectual t=
han others requiring less in a recipe an I have found that the "blend" of be=
an flour sold by Authentic foods, a blend of garbanzo and fava is an excelle=
nt addition to any recipe.  The bean flours are a bit more dense and in most=
 recipes, you can get a product similar to a "wheat" product simply by remov=
ing 1/8 to =BC cup of rice flour and replacing that with an equal amount of
bean flour.  Bean flour also makes the finished product less grainy feeling
than pure rice flour and it adds alot in the way of protein to the food inst=
ead of empty carbs. of white rice flour.  (this is from Linda in Maine)

Can be a combinaison of any legumes.  (bean flour)

Gram is from India, used for their kind of pankakes, etc...  Made from legum=
es also.

Dont take Graham.  It is wheat.

I think it enlightens us.

Thank you to all,