From:
Bill Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 18:45:27 EST

I received over a hundred E-Mails after I wrote:

"I was diagnosed as a celiac three months ago after I began losing weight,
anemic, B-12 deficient, etc.  Up until about 5 or 6 months before I was in
reasonably good physical health other than a long running irritable bowel
syndrome. After reading LISTSERV it is apparent that some people cannot
tolerate crumbs of wheat..."

Essentially I learned that numerous people were like me, eating all kinds of
wheat with no problems and then something triggered CD.  Also people like
myself went years without "big" problems, however, something triggered their
sensitivity.  After I thought about it I realized I had a very bad virus just
before I went south with CD symptoms.

The important message seemed to be that after you become gluten free, BE
CAREFUL ABOUT SMALL AMOUNTS.  Thanks to you all.  This group is great!